Classes and Workshops
Elkhorn Summer Guitar Classes
Join our Elkhorn Instructors for a great introduction to the guitar! Electric or Acoustic guitars welcome. During this 4-Week class you will:
- Get to know all the parts of your guitar, from frets to strings.
- Learn how to tune your instrument.
- Explore the fundamentals of music notation.
- Find out how to produce clear, beautiful notes and chords.
- Start learning about rhythm, tempo and volume.
- All in a fun, fast-paced class that will have you quickly playing songs!
Elementary (2018 Grades 3-5)
Monday Session – June 4-25, 5:45-6:30 PM with Shane Piniarski
Tuesday Session – June 5-26, 5:45-6:30 PM with Carl Miller
Middle School/High School (2018 Grades 6-12+)
Wednesday Session- June 6 -27, 7:15-8:00 PM with Carl Miller
Thursday Session – June 7-28, 7:15-8:00 PM with Shane Piniarski
Grades 6 – 12
Our 2-hour workshop will get your tuned-up and feeling confident for your next show choir audition!
- Vocal Tips for “My Country Tis of Thee” – Breathing, tone, and finding the right key for you.
- Dance – Learn the most typical show choir dance steps and turns, with tips for practice and polish.
- Audition Tips – How to deal with those nerves and present yourself like a show choir pro!
August 2018 Session
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
6:30 – 8:30 PM
All-State Vocal Sectional Clinic
Bring your All-State music and join us for an afternoon of great music that will leave you feeling confident and well prepared for your All-State Chorus audition. Open to all students auditioning for the Nebraska All-State Chorus.
Check back next year for our 2018 Workshop!